You can’t find the kind of FUN you find in Memphis anywhere else! It’s the Birthplace of Rock ‘n’ Roll, the Home of the Blues and the starting point of soul. Music legends including Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, B.B. King, W.C. Handy and Otis Redding sure made their marks on Memphis, and you can hear their influences today all over the city. You’ll definitely want to visit Graceland, Sun Studio, the Stax Museum of American Soul Music and the Memphis Rock ‘n’ Soul Museum. At night you MUST take a walk down Beale Street and listen to the live music streaming out of each restaurant and bar. Once you take a trip to Beale street you’ll be hooked!
The Chica Travelista can’t miss spots when going to Memphis:
1) Graceland (See where Elvis lived)
2) The National Civil Rights Museum (stand where Dr. Martin Luther King was shot and learn his story like youve never heard it before)
3) Beale Street (best night spot around!)
4) Sun Studio (where Elvis, Johnny Cash and so many others got their start)
5) Mojo Bus Tour – This is a music tour where you will see EVERYTHING in Memphis, learn all its history, all while your guide sings popluar Memphis hits throughout the tour.
6) The Mississippi River – This is the second longest river in the United States and the largest by volume. The banks of the Mississippi provide nearly five miles of parks which are perfect for outdoor recreation. You can also take riverboat cruises, canoe rentals, and other water activities.