Recently my favorite travel partner and I spent 12 days in Greece and I absolutely loved our itinerary!
I highly recommend every location, hotel, tour and restaurant listed below. As always I would LOVE to help you and your special person with your next Greece getaway (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Overnight flight JFK – London Heathrow (with a 12 hour layover) I purposely booked us a flight with a 12 hour layover in London so that we could break up the long trip a bit and see some of London’s hot spots! We experienced a delightful afternoon tea, saw Buckingham Palace and the London Bridge.. totally worth the stop and the long layover was a great way to see another city during our trip!!
- Doing an *Afternoon Tea at The Palace Hotel* was the perfect way to spend our time in London!
- Next Stop – ATHENS! – (I recommend 2 nights in Athens) Depending on the time you land in Athens you may be totally exhausted, especially if you’re like me and can’t sleep on planes.. so I recommend once you check into your hotel, you shut the blinds in your room and set an afternoon alarm. If all goes well you should wake up feeling like a million bucks and ready to explore Athens!
Once your up its time to explore!!! First stop on the Athens list is of course… *THE ACROPOLIS!!* You can get here super easily from most of the popular hotels in Athens. Spend as much time here as you would like as there are many mind blowing pieces of history to see!
*Travel Tip: GET A BOTTLE OF WATER BEFORE YOUR WALK UP TO THE PARTHENON
- Your last night in Greece you MUST MUST MUST have dinner at *Orizontes restaurant on Lycabettus hill!* You will be completely blown away. This location undoubtedly stands out for its unique view and its known for actually having the BEST view in town! Food = Delicious , Wine = Perfection!
- Next Stop – MYKONOS ! *3 Nights Hotel Petasus Beach Resort*
I LOVE this luxury beach hotel in Mykonos! Petasos Beach Resort and Spa, sits on a private peninsula and offers guests seductive luxury, and stunning sea views of the Aegean for unique privacy and relaxation. – – It’s also apart of Small Luxury Hotels of The World (one of my favorite groups of hotels with the highest standards!).
- Mykonos Restaurant MUSTS – Scorpios , 180º Sunset Bar .. both have absolutely insane views !!
- Mykonos MUST DO Excursions
- *South Shore Boat Cruise* A Full day of exploring Mykonos by boat is a great way to see the beautiful Island! On this tour you can cruise very close to the famous beaches of Paraga, Paradise, Super Paradise, Agrari, Elia, Kalo Livadi, Agia Anna, Kalafatis, Lia and Fragkia.
- *Delos Tour* – You MUST visit Delos during your travels to Mykonos. With a local guide, you’ll cruise over the sea to the UNESCO-listed sacred island, and explore its main excavation site on a walking tour. You will hear about the island in the days of Ancient Greece, and admire highlights of the excavations including the Terrace of the Lions, House of Dionysus, Archeological Museum of Delos and more!!
- Next stop.. SANTORINI!! *3 Nights at Kapari Natural Resort* Kapari Natural Resort is apart of National Geographic’s Unique Lodges of The World! Located in the gorgeous village of Imerovigli and boasting a majestic view of the caldera, Kapari Natural Resort is an exclusive sanctuary that invites you to experience the most relaxing and enjoyable vacation EVER. This hotel is actually a 300 year old, recently restored, complex of traditional dwellings and houses, typical of the islands unique architecture.
- A MUST VISIT Restaurant in Santorini – *The Athenian House* – This might be the most scenic dinner I have ever experienced anywhere in the world. A perfect dinner with a jaw dropping view.
- MUST DO activities in Santorini!!
- *Santorini Boat Tour and Sunset Dinner Cruise* Cruise around Santorini, visit the Nea Kameni volcano, relax in the hot springs and watch the sun fade over the island on a sunset dinner cruise.
- *Self Explore and Shopping in Oia* Oia is a stunning coastal town on the northwestern tip of Santorini. This town is known for its white houses carved into the clifftops, and overlooks a vast caldera filled with water. Not to mention THE BEST SHOPPING!
- Last but certainly not least.. we head to the ISLAND OF CRETE! *3 Nights at Abaton Beach Resort & Spa* Ending with the Island of Crete and staying at Abaton Island Resort & Spa is the perfect way to conclude any Greece vacation. Crete is a very different Island then the others and this 5 star resort is set on a picturesque location in Hersonissos, Crete. Their unique rooms are designed with chic details and ultra-white. The entire resort is pristine and sexy :). After an adventureous journey throughout Athens, Mykonos and Santorini this is the MUST VISIT place to complete your adventures.
- MUST DO’s IN CRETE!!
- For exploring privately, the wonderful hotel concierge at Abaton Resort can arrange a private driver for you to see anything youd like in Crete!
- *Sights not to miss*: Dikti Mountains, Lassithi Plateau, Zeus’ Cave, Chania Venetian Lighthouse, Old Port, Chania Town.
- For restaurant recommendations I recommend NOT leaving the resort 🙂 maybe just for lunch while you’re exploring the Island?
- The dining options at Abaton are out of this world!! This resort has *FIVE* restaurants on property! All restaurants offer a vast variety of food and beverage leaving you no reason to eat your breakfast and dinner elsewhere!
Book this 12 Day Greece Getaway & let the experts help! (all packages are customizable)